Write Your Child
“The simple act of handwriting a letter to your child will have a profound impact on them – and you!”
Ken Sparks, President & CEO, Children’s HopeChest
Letters encourage the children so much! Please take the time to write to your sponsored child today. Your letters will be their treasures to years to come. Please see below the letter writing guidelines.
- Write at least once every 3 months. At most you may write one letter per month.
- Tell them about your hobbies, interests, activities, job, school, and family.
- Share your walk with Christ with them.
- Share your dreams for your future.
- Tell them about interesting places your family has visited.
- Include pictures of your family and about your life.
- Don’t send gifts. (If your community takes regular mission trips, this is a great way to send small gifts. Contact your sponsorship coordinator for more information.)
- Don’t promise anything you can’t keep. This includes mentioning that you’d like to visit “sometime.” To a lonely child this means you are coming in the next few weeks.
- Don’t make any type of suggestion that you may want to adopt them or bring them to the US.
- Don’t share personal communication information (address, email, phone numbers, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, etc.) for your privacy.
- Don’t share personal financial information with them.
Where do I send my letters?
For handwritten letters, please mail to our U.S. office:
P.O. Box 63842
Colorado Springs, CO 80962-3842